Thursday, 31 December 2009

Starting My Own Business Designing Wooden Memory and Keepsake Boxes.

After working online affiliate marketing for about two years, at the beginning of 2008 I decided to start my own business designing and in some part manufacturing wooden keepsake and memory boxes. It has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience although not without a few hiccups along the way.

My new business at http://www.readscreations.co.uk was launched locally early in 2009 and online in September 2009 and after my first Christmas, which has been very busy, it looks as though the business is a success.

Having been selling online for about four months now, the best selling boxes have been the customised boxes and personalised boxes. I have just been deciding on my marketing campaign for 2010 and there are so many outlets and options I shall have to take is slowly and approach the potential growth slowly so I can ensure a good cash flow.

My Solid Oak and Pine memory boxes, which are handmade locally, are selling really well and I am out of stock again so if I am going to expand them to more options to include a lockable oak box I need to talk to my supplier regarding more stock or look for a second supplier.

No comments:

Post a Comment